PART TIME JOB AT REEDLEY HALLOWS PARISH COUNCIL
The current Parish Lengthsman will be retiring on the 31 March, 2024.
The Council invite applications for the position of Lengthsman
Job Description (on a self-employed basis)
( 3 Hrs/Week Annualised to 156Hrs/Year ) 2023/24 Pay £11.82p/Hr
- Litter pick areas within the Parish not routinely covered by Pendle Borough Council.
- Walk and check Public Rights of Way (PROW) within the Parish on a regular basis and at least once annually.
- Strim overgrown areas of PROW as required keeping them accessible to the public.
- Maintain flowerbed Parish sign and noticeboard as required.
- Weed and maintain flowerbed at Roundwood Avenue
- Check defibrillator at Pendleside Hospice gatehouse once per month, and as required update The Circuit national database. Cabinet Entry Code is C159X.
- Attend monthly Parish Council meetings and present a monthly report of work done and number of hours worked in that month.
- Report any observed problems on PROW or in other areas within the Parish.
- Liaise with the Chair of the Council and Parish Clerk regularly.
- Check Red and Green Grit bins during the winter months and report back to Clerk those that require replenishing by Pendle Borough Council (PBC).
- Prepare annual report of all PROW’s strimmed, detailing footpath number length strimmed and date, and send to clerk, for LCC grant.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may occur.
- Produce VAT receipts for expenses incurred in maintaining PC assets, including petrol for strimmer, strimming line, etc.
- Additional expenditure should be agreed in advance by the Chair and / or Clerk.
- Organise public liability insurance cover for £ 1 million to cover yourself as a self-employed person.
Any Interested persons are invited to contact the Clerk (Mr Ian Woolstencroft) by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01282 429453 or 07982840516.
Parish Council comtinues to support local children swimming iniitative
For the third financial year running the Parish Council has made a Grant payable to Pendle Leisure Trust to assist with a Free Swmming Initiative which the Trust arrange which relates to Reedley Primary School. This allows the children free swimming at any of the three swimming pools in Pendle during specified times during the designated holiday periods :-
Easter 2024 May Half Term 2024 Summer 2024 October 2024 February Half Term 2025.
SPEEDING in REEDLEY
The Parish Council has written to the Police Commissioner for Lancashire
The Police Commissioner has responded
NOTICE OF PARISH ELECTIONS
If any member of the public within the area served by the Reedley Hallows Parish Council wishes to contact the Parish Council could they please get in touch with the Clerk: Ian Woolstencroft on 01282 429453 or by email at email@example.com
Reedley Hallows Parish Council
It is on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, and the construction of a marina started in January 2008 and is now completed. The local railway station, Reedley Hallows Halt on the East Lancashire Line, closed in 1956. The marina, and the site of the railway station, are both outside the boundary of the parish, and are in an unparished area, which is part of the borough of Burnley.